One of the biggest trends experts noted during the coronavirus pandemic was that people were still interested in buying property and moving to a new place.
If you happen to be one of them, congratulations! Of course, many new homeowners and those planning to change residences during this time are concerned about the risk of exposure during and after their move.
However, there are a few things you can do to reduce your exposure to the coronavirus during this time. Here’s why you should consider hiring a move-in cleaning service if you decide to move during the pandemic.
The importance of a move-in cleaning service during the COVID-19 pandemic
According to CDC guidelines and other scientific studies, the coronavirus can be transmitted to others even after lingering on surfaces for up to three days.
That’s why it’s crucial to thoroughly clean and disinfect any surfaces you come in contact with during your move, especially high-traffic ones. If possible, you should also try to schedule your move-in date for at least three days after the previous residents have moved out.
However, it’s easy to miss spots and, depending on the size of your new home, it’s almost impossible to clean everything by yourself without spending a few days and tons of effort to do so. On top of that, working with a moving company adds even more exposure into the mix since touching your belongings is unavoidable.
Working with a reputable cleaning company is your shortcut, allowing you to move into your new place sooner and more easily, with as little stress as possible.
5 tips on hiring a move-in cleaner for your new home
- Ask your cleaning company about their sanitation and illness guidelines before you make your final decision.
- Always maintain physical and social distancing guidelines when your cleaning team is in your home.
- Confirm that your cleaning team and your household has no signs of illness before the team starts their job — if someone does, postpone your appointment for another day.
- Ensure that all cleaning materials (and uniforms, if possible) used by your cleaning company has been thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
- Leave all of your doors open while your cleaning team does their work to maximize the amount of airflow in your space — this also reduces the amount of contact your team will have with high traffic surfaces like doorknobs and frames.
Book your appointment with Immaculate Home Reflections today
When you’re looking for a move-in cleaning company you can rely on, turn to the experts at Immaculate Home Reflections today.
Our company serves residents and business owners in Pennsylvania and Maryland, offering best-in-class cleaning and sanitation services for your entire property. Our move-in cleaning services utilize cutting-edge sanitation and active surface disinfection technology — including Ceramic Pro TAG and UVC — to thoroughly sanitize every surface before you move in.
If you’re interested and would like to learn more, send us a message through the contact form on our website. However, if you’d prefer to speak to someone directly, call 717-495-2774 to get in touch with a member of our team.